Thursday, February 28, 2008

Expiration Dating

It is not an uncommon phenomena among the jetset to engage in expiration dating i.e. To start a relationship that has a defined end date.* As an ED veteran, I can say the philosophy has served me well- settling with faults are never an issue when your calendar marks an end to madness. Additionally, breaking up can be amicable or an excuse for unforgivable hate-inducing behavior. Either way, both parties walk away with closure.

I am now in uncharted ED territory. In my current relationship there is no need for settling, he has no discernible faults, and enough serotonin to replicate MDMA brain scans. However, my plane ticket to Zurich on April 14 is glaring at us like a death sentence.
Ahh well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a long shelf life on this one.

*http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=expiration+dating

No comments: