Monday, January 28, 2008

desperate times call for desperate measures

Its pretty well known that I am not a member of the church going community.
I went to church tonight.
And I have to say, the first 45 minutes were a bit awkward.
Raised Lutheran, the most conservative of Protestant faiths and schooled by Catholics, I am not accustomed to services led by 20-somethings with musical instruments. The band held the audience/congregation captive for the first half hour while prayers were sung and the tone was set for jiving with Jesus. I actually wondered if I stumbled onto the set of Saved as the crowd waved their hands up in the air and closed their eyes while the spirit of the Lord filled their aural pathways.

But the sermon was actually fantastic and made me reconsider my initial reactions. Perhaps there is more church in my future after all.

No comments: