Monday, January 28, 2008

Scriing

Happily asleep, dreaming about the spa, cries of death enter the picture. My heart races. Amelie?! I jump out of bed to find the girl balling outside my door.
It's 2 am and I am so sure she has woken up the entire house if not the block that I close the windows.
Her scries (cry + scream) are due to a sore throat- trauma more intense than any other temper tantrum or missing daddy episode. I try consoling her, giving her a hug, etc. These things only amount to more tears and higher pitches.
By the time I've given up on sympathy there is no turning back for sleep.
20 minutes later her crying session has been replaced by her brother Laurent's. Great. a tag team.
30 minutes later she took over again. I assume he's feeding now.
-8 points

*I never, never wish sickness on any child. Its absolutely awful for them and even more for the parents.

No comments: