Monday, January 21, 2008

knick knack

At my bohemian friends' party in a student borough, I realized I finally have the kiddie knack.
Two children, ages three and five were present. While the other 20-somethings interacted with the kids wearing expressions of confusion, apathy, or awe, I instinctually knew how to handle them and was not at all bothered by their demands.

Having envied the men and women who charm Amelie in two minutes, I have been waiting for this... knack... to develop for some time now. (It took two weeks for her to say my name and six weeks to achieve attachment.)
Procreation points: 5.25

As for Laurent...
he's getting bigger and smarter and fussier.
I must say God was smart to make babies so damn cute; otherwise the days of incessant crying would be enough to make me deny the existence of my reproductive system.

The crying I've endured this week is to the level that any minimization of hearing loss from not attending concerts or going to dance clubs is negated by the 64 decibel screaming baby attached to my shoulder for a good part of the day.
Procreation points: -3

No comments: